Thursday, March 3, 2011

I Run Faster in Tights

Decided to scrap the bike ride today and went out for a run instead.  Decided to wear my lovely Nike running tights that my lovely wife bought me for Christmas.  I don't know what it is, but when I wear these things I always seem to run faster.  I don't mean a little faster, I mean quite a bit.  I ran on Monday, sans tights and averaged 8:30 miles tonight I ran the same distance and averaged 7:45's.  So according to my basis math skills I run 45 sec faster per mile when I wear my tights.  I am starting to think these things are magical.

Actually, I don't really believe they are magical, I think the reason I run faster in tights is because when I am outside running in them I feel naked.  You see when I was given the tights I knew they would be tights, but these tights are just as their name implies, tight.  When I put them on I feel like I should have another pair of pants over them.  They live little to the imagination.  So when I go out and run in these lovely little tights I am afraid that if I slow down I could be arrested for indecent exposure, so I make the decision to run faster.  I wonder how much faster I could run if I went out running naked.  I bet I could qualify for the olympics.

On the docket for tomorrow is a nice long ride on the trainer followed by a run and finally a swim in the pool.  We'll see how much of this I actually get done as it leaves little time for me to stay classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment